Your restroom tells people a lot about you and can be a deciding factor that customers may consider when deciding whether to do business with you or not. For instance, did you know that there are people who avoid restaurants where they had a negative experience in their restroom? Yes, it’s that serious! In fact, we believe that a positive restroom experience does contribute to the customer’s overall satisfaction.
See, when a customer encounters a dirty restroom, it triggers a negative opinion of the entire business as a whole. So you can’t afford to ignore it;
Restroom cleaning – customer perception
Let me ask you this, say you walk into a restaurant restroom, and you find it smelly, dirty, and doesn’t have tissue or soap, what does that make you feel about the restaurant in general? In your normal human thinking, of course, you might start asking yourself; if the restroom is that dirty, how about the kitchen? And you will start imagining all these things, and I can tell you for a fact that there is a very high chance that you will never go back there. Now, regardless of your industry, if a customer has a negative experience in your restroom, chances of them ever returning will be pretty low. Yes, something as simple as cleaning your restroom goes a long way in showcasing your attention to detail as well as your commitment to your business and customers.
How do you clean your restroom?
- Collect trash and put it into the trash cans. Also, ensure that there are trash cans in the restroom going forward.
- Fill any paper towel, toilet seat covers, toilet papers, and soaps, and ensure that they are working as they should.
- Clean and disinfect the counters, sinks, toilets, doors, stalls, and urinals to eliminate all the germs that may have built up there.
- Clean the mirrors, vents, lights, light switches, and fans
- Clean your floor drain to eliminate odor
- Sweep and mop the floor, and remember to put wet floor signs to avoid accidents.
Cleaning your restroom reduces staff turnover
Your attention to cleaning your restroom does have a measurable impact on your business’s productivity, bottom line, absenteeism, and employee turnover. So, you got to be very careful. See, when a staff member visits a restroom, it affects their mood, motivation, and commitment to the company. They may feel like they are not important, and may even affect their productivity.
To avoid all these, get in touch with our Beverly Hills Commercial Cleaning team to take care of your restroom. We will ensure that it’s clean and hygienic for everyone, and we can certainly guarantee that it will affect your business positively.